Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's been too long.

So, I'm back.  Sorry for the long time between posts, but I have been busy, 'kinda.  I have a few prep projects on multiple burners, and sadly am fairly crappy at focusing to get one done, though I imagine, some day I'll finish 4 in an afternoon. 

So, until thin, I'll drop a quick note here telling of what I have going on.
First:  I have purchased a "Hellcat" back pack from a gentleman online.  It was fairly cheap, but unfortunately for me, I am having trouble adjusting it to fit.  That's supposed to be a strong point for the pack, that and it's cavernous interior.  I intended to go with some friends on an overnight backpacking adventure (sounds cooler than "test run') but with this adjustment thing, it's looking like it'll have to wait, as will the review and pics.

Second:  I am working on a pic heavy post showing what I carry everyday.  I have a small Maxpedition pack that is filled / stuffed / crammed with goodies, some I even have a use for.  That just needs to get put together.

Third:  I am working on building several backpacking stoves, ranging from alcohol fueled  "Penny Alcohol Stoves" to larger DIY style "Bushbuddys".  Incidentally, you can look up all my quoted gear names in google and see what I'll be talking about.

Fourth:  A quickie Fire starting primer.  I'll go over a few things you should have and know, and a few things that will make your life a bit easier when playing with Prometheus' favorite party favor.

Fifth:  Something I have been thinking about hosting is a "Cheapie Survival / get home" kit challenge. Details to follow.


So there you have it.  I promise I'll start working on stuff soon, and we'll get this blog going again.


Thanks for reading.


jim

No comments:

Post a Comment